Sunday, June 26, 2011

June Counterfiet Kit Layouts #3 and #4



Here are two more 8x8 pages for my Lake album where I am capturing the beautiful scenery of the cottage and our summer family traditions. My goal is to have a 20 page album completed in the next two weeks. I've really been diving into my kit to make this happen.

For the Butterfly layout, I went with one of the pattern papers. I did add a sheet of black paper to my kit because I needed something to frame the photo and I knew I wanted to use the black lettering. I used Mister Huey Mist on the raw chipboard frame and then added a butterfly rub-on. I needed some orange so I snuck in one of the K&Co flowers.

For the Wave layout, I kept the K&Co flowers going. They came in so many great colors and I've enjoyed using them this month. I still have about a dozen pink ones left! I went back and forth on using the Scrabble letters, but in the end decided to go with it. Scrabble is also a Lake tradition, though I've never taken a picture of one of our very competitive games, the family will make the connection when they view the album. Plus, I had enough letters to complete the title so I took that as a sign. For the journaling, I used my Fiskars "wave" punch to add a bit of design.

Working on this album is getting me so excited for our upcoming summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment