Friday, May 17, 2013

Textuality: Mitered Frame Assignment

The new class I am taking at Big Pictures Classes just started. Textuality. It is a very different style class for me and already I find myself challenged in ways I could not imagine. The first assignment was to write 450 words about a photo. I know I have never written that much on a layout before. Journaling is the last step for me and I don't write a lot. This forced me to write first and focus on the story I wanted to tell. Usually I let the pictures do the talking.

Creating the mitered frame was a lot more time consuming than I thought it would be. It does take practice to get your printer paper positioning correctly. And then the cutting and trimming. Mine doesn't line up perfectly, but it was close enough for me to keep moving on.

Keeping with my Boston theme of late, here is my layout:
This is a picture of the Prudential Tower lit up to support the Red Sox in 2004 as they competed in the World Series. I used to work in the building and sit inside the "O" so I got to be part of something pretty cool. I added a pocked under the photo mat to include the full 2004 Red Sox schedule card. I wanted to a add a ticket from the season, but there just was not enough room.

No comments:

Post a Comment