Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kit-Tastic with May Flaum: Week 1

It is time for another fabulous class at Big Picture Classes with the wonderful May Flaum! Her new class is called Kit-tastic and it is all about helping you create with kits and getting the most from your stash. I always get drawn in to the beauty and one-stop-shopping of page kits, but the reality is, I am horrible at using them. There are many unopened kits taking up valuable shelf space and collecting dust in my room. With this class I am hoping to finally dive into some of them and create some fun pages.

Today, I decided to break into an old Basic Grey Kit from a CKC class that I ran out of time and never finished. I am currently working on a baby girl album and want to make a bunch of pre-made pages that I can use once baby arrives. For this page, I swapped out the recommended blue patterned paper for a pink design. These pictures are placeholder (and are actually my nephew!), but I bet we get similar pictures when baby is born.


 I also decided to hand stitch my title. This was a new technique for me. I had purchased May's Scrapbook Workshop technique book when it came out and then I never did anything with it. This class has inspired me to try new things to enhance my kits. There is an easy tutorial for how to hand stitch. I will say this title took me 2 hours to complete!! But hopefully I'll get faster the more I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment