Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop Challenge

Welcome to the September Counterfeit Kit Blog Hop Challenge! If you are hopping, you should have arrived here from Angela's blog. If you'd like to start at the beginning, head back to the Counterfeit Kit Blog. This month we have been focusing on stamping. The blog hop challenge was to use a stamping technique to create a project. I had a bunch of Stampin Up technique books and so I decided to use those for inspiration.

Technique #1: Repetition. It's super easy - just stamp your stamp image and then restamp the image one or more times without re-inking. I love this look! You can see I've done this with the HAPPY stamp on the chipboard embellishment.

Technique #2: Two-Step Stampin. For this technique you simply stamp your images as normal. Then stamp the same image on a different piece of paper. Cut out the second image and overlay it on top of the original set of images. I did a slight variation of this with my title letters. (I left out the apostrophe in man's).

And I guess you could say I did a third technique - stamping on buttons! This was one of the other challenges this month. I used an animal paw print and stamped two buttons in the top right corner. Stamping on buttons is fun and addicting!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have fun playing around with your stamps. Next up is Milissa's blog.

10 comments:

  1. This hop is brilliant - each one of you has taught me something new ... and here I have THREE techniques. I especially love #1 & #3 - never thought of stamping on buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your techniques - the chipboard is lovely and those cute little paw prints, I would never have thought of that either. Love the font on your title too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great technique! it never occurred to me to stamp on buttons! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous stamping, and the buttons are fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd forgotten about repetition and the stamping on buttons is a great idea - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stamping on buttons... hmmm, I think I will have to try that! I have lots of tiny stamps that would work great! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Jimjams - I'm learning SO much! Stamping on buttons? Never would have thought of that but they are über-cute! and I'll be trying out the repetition too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great techniques, thanks! I'd never think to stamp on a button.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two great techniques with a wonderful result. I never remember to stamp my titles, will have to start.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think both techniques are very effective! I love the soft blues and creams of your page!

    ReplyDelete